Here is a recent list of Media and Publications appearances by Jeremy Hajek
- CBS 2 Interview: Chicago Police Launch New Facial Recognition Technology They say to Catch Crooks
Publication Title: 2019 IEEE EMBS International Conference on Biomedical & Health Informatics (BHI) Article Title: Mobile Application for Automated Insulin Delivery with Integrated Physical Activity Sensors Author(s): Ms. Caterina Lazaro, Dr. Mudassir Rashid, Mr. Mert Sevil, Mr. Iman Hajizadeh, Prof. Jeremy Hajek, Mr. Erdal Oruklu and Prof. Ali Cinar Author E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org eCF Paper Id: 1570533966
- SIGITE 2018 Conference Poster Presentation - 10/04/2018
- Sampat V., Hajek J. (2018). The Importance of Hadoop Clusters in Educational Institutions. Proceedings of the 19th Annual SIG Conference on Information Technology Education. Ft. Lauderdale: ACM
- As concepts such as Big Data, Data Analytics, and Machine Learning become more prevalent in industry how does your educational institution intend to join into this new stream of technology and areas of research? How will your faculty conduct grant based research in this area - Costly cloud based options …
- Keywords: Apache Spark, big data, big data research, Hadoop research, hdfs, opensource big data, Spark, SparkR
- IMTS MSC Industrial Direct - 09/06/2018
- Illinois Tech University News - 08/06/2810
- ABC 7 Chicago TV Interview - US, UK issue joint warning on Russian hackers - 04/19/2018
- CBS 2 Chicago TV Interview - ATM Skimmers - 10/23/17
- CBS 2 Chicago TV INterview - ATM SKimmers - 10/20/17
- SIGITE 2017 Conference Paper Presentation - Rochester NY - 10/04/17
- Riviere, T., Gutierrez Ayala, H., & Hajek, J. (2017). The Extension and Implementation of the Autonomous Movement Framework. Proceedings of the 6th Annual Conference on Research in Information and Technology. Rochester: ACM.
- Yahoo Finance - Credit Card Fraud - 10/02/17
- Newsweek.com - Sonic’s Data Breach: Why Are Credit Cards Still Getting Hacked? - 09/28/17
- Comments on Wisconsin Company Adding RFID Chips to employees - 08/02/17
- Comments on Wisconsin Company Adding RFID Chips to employees - Duam.com (Korean) - 08/02/17
- CBS 2 Chicago - EMV Chips in Credit Cards - 03/15/17
- Illinois Researchers Who Wowed Us in 2016 12/16/2016
- Illinois Tech Researchers Demo Drones That Fly Themselves
- Your phone’s vibration motor is now on the list of hackable items - Chicago Tribune Article 06/13/16
- WGN TV - The Evolution of the Smartphone 05/06/16
- Smartphone ‘voices’ not always helpful in a health crisis
- US News & World Report - Smartphone ‘voices’ not always helpful in a health crisis
- ABC News - Smartphone ‘voices’ not always helpful in a health crisis
- Fox news - Smartphone ‘voices’ not always helpful in a health crisis
- Daily Mail UK - Smartphone ‘voices’ not always helpful in a health crisis march 14, 2016</li>
- San Francisco Chronicle - Smartphone ‘voices’ not always helpful in a health crisis 03/14/2016
- The above interview was picked up by 338 prominent media outlets and helped gain national media exposure for Illinois Tech.
- WLS radio interview 7/29/15
- Daily Business Ledger - May 27 2015
- ABC 7 April 28th 2015
- Here is the video clip from the tornado warning sirens story on ABC 7 Chicago. I apologize I did not get a heads-up from ABC 7 regarding the air date.
- Fox 32 April 1st 2015
- They’re doing a story about the intersection of Armitage and Sheffield, where drivers complain that they cannot open or start their cars with their FOBs. There have been stories from other cities where experts suggest that a nearby “pirate radio station” might be interfering.
- http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/28655527/key-fobs - Video
- ABC 7 (6 in Philly) Feb 16th 2015
- The ABC 7 Chicago report on “Home Hacking” was picked up by ABC 6 News in Philadelphia (the sister station to ABC 7 Chicago). Here is the link to the ABC 6 story: (just in the last few minutes)
- DNA Info Feb 4 2015
- Here is a link to the cold weather cell phone story in DNAinfo. Looks like it went online today.